January 30, 2018
Update: for those keeping track – I lost the waiting game and had to make dinner. You wouldn’t like me when I’m hangry!
Observations of the day:
– Having proper seam allowance is very important. Why? If you’re not careful you can end up with a block that’s 12 x 12 x 12 x 11 ½!
– Don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re a newbie and joined a block exchange. Maybe some experienced quilter would love to embrace the wonder that is the above mentioned wonky block.
– Why would someone go behind the person that invented the quarter inch seam and decide it should be ‘scant’? …And why did everyone decide to jump on that bandwagon? …And why hasn’t someone invented a scant quarter inch foot for us gals who love gadgets?
– I guess I will have to allow hubby into my domain to help me tape a scant mark on my machine (can’t WAIT for that conversation! He just wrapped his head around the fact that ‘flying geese’ are not. actual. geese.)
– I will definitely be hiding my candy!
– I wonder if I’ll be judged when I send off for quilt labels that say “Made with love, swearing and rock and roll”
– Don’t go to Harbor Freight with your husband and try to explain what a rotary cutter is – show him before you go! “I know what a dremel tool is, dear and it isn’t a rotary cutter.” “Nooooo, a rotary SAW isn’t the same as a rotary cutter” (while mentally imagining what that saw would do to fabric). We left without blades.
– Cancer pro-tip: if you must have cancer, try to time it where your radiation will be in the summer. That way you’ll already be doing routine under arm maintenance.