February 18, 2018
Observations of the day (bro is running late for bowling):
– Rotary cutter – 1 vs gel nails – 0. Always cut away from yourself.
– Irons are so much more effective when they are plugged in. So are curling irons.
– This is how it works in my sewing room: I study the pattern and the picture, figure out what I’m supposed to do and double check to make sure I’ve got it right. I don’t know what happens in that nano-second when it goes from my brain to my hands that changes things up so much. Rip, rip, rooray!
– How, when making HST’s, does 1 inverted piece of fabric (right-side to wrong side) make it through two passes under the needle, get sliced in half with a rotary cutter and not get noticed until the ironing board?
– Is it a law that you must sew at least one thing on upside down on every block you make, preferably an entire row? Don’t worry friends, I’m definitely staying out of jail.
– Sometimes when I dance, I remind myself of my son (nope, he can’t dance either. He’s about as limber as a board.) It will make him happy that he made another observation as it’s another chance at stardom though.
– Hubby says the other day – “You don’t cook, you don’t clean, you bitch all the time…” to which I quickly interrupted, “I DO NOT bitch all the time!”
– My mama always said if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. I have a short temper and a hair trigger and reply many times to the snarkiness that I see on Facebook. I do however, always reread what I typed before I hit send. This, more times than not, results in quality time with the delete key. Will it hurt someone’s, anyone’s feelings? If so, don’t post. Ask yourself what your post will accomplish. If it’s anything negative, hold back. It’s not worth it. Mama also says that a word to the wise is usually sufficient.