February 10, 2018
Observations of the day:
– I have found that quilting geese is like cooking them – the big ones are tough!
– Who knew that little purple thang would be so handy.
– Y’all people are costing me a fortune. You mention it – I have to have it!
– Press after every step. Every. Single. Step. Shoulda took a picture of that wonky center block.
– Losing points isn’t the end of the world. I think the missing points are pointing to all of the love inside of the quilt.
– I allowed hubby to enter my domain today. To be honest, I sent him a text to come up. He adjusted my lighting and lit up my world. No, silly quilters, he actually reached up and adjusted my rail lighting. (What were you thinking?!?) All that thread everywhere! So, see to cut and sew or not see threads and fabric leavings? I can’t decide…
– Today is another day my house didn’t get cleaned.
– Radiation has zapped me of all my energy. So, I sit in my recliner with Zeus aka Puppylove. When I sit, I shop. A new package every day. Hubby has noticed – he said something about “retail therapy” today. Yes, I needed that fabric. Yes, I needed that bobbin winder AND it was on sale. I’m an English major so I don’t do math. Therefore, yes, I needed that ruler with the 7/8 markings. Yes, that’s all fabric in that big box – I need a stash!
– I want to be the first to officially complain about block six! I mean that’s what we do, right? Complain about every block of a free pattern? Although I don’t know nuthin about nuthin about quilting, I do know I don’t like being left out and that I like to be first. What? I have to have an actual complaint? Ummm, ok, errr, block six is too pretty! Yeah, that’s it – it’s too pretty! Gina Perkes – stop giving us pretty blocks. We want ugly ones!!!